30 lessons by 30
Omg Ladies can you believe I just turned 30. Yes on October 19th I turned the Big 30. Honestly, I didn’t post about my birthday As I had originally planned. Let’s tell the truth and shame the devil. Emotions took over at even the thought of turning thirty. The main goal was to have so much more accomplished by now. I planned all these things I wanted to do only to end up having a game night with a few family and friends. My desire was to be in a tiny bikini ( with a 20 pound lighter body) out of the country on a beach with my husband living my best life. But as we know when life hits us, it hits us hard. On my birthday I found myself trying to make the best of what I did have. I was really disappointed in myself.
30 lessons I learned by 30
- 30 is not a death sentence. Although 30 is your true adulting years many of my family members including my father passed in their 30’s which is a generational curse that I am determined to overcome. This leases me to the importance of taking care of your health.
- Take care of you first. Being a mom and a wife is a constant juggling act. Taking care of your family is great but when you are lacking you’re no good to anyone else. So take care of you so that you have the strength to take care of the ones you love.
- Be expressive through fashion. For years my wardrobe consisted of everything black. Recently I have been playing with colors and patterns and I love it. I have been able to really play up on my chic artistic side with my clothing. So don’t be goth but be a flower blooming bursting with colors
- Your success is not dependent on your friends and family support.
- Do what makes you happy and repeat it every day of your life. Life is to short not to be happy.
- Follow your passion. Whatever it is that you love doing do it. It’s important to follow your passion so you never regret not doing it.
- Watch people’s actions not hits their words. There are a lot of sweet talkers out there but if their words and actions don’t line up then move on. Staying in these type of relationships on hurt you in the long run.
- Make efforts to nourish friendships. Sometimes you have a season where you feel distant from family and friends. This time comes and goes don take good relationships die because of your lack of effort.
- Take care of your body. You only get one body so take care of it and it will take care of you.
- Plan your future now. Start a savings plan and stick to it. You might be doing well finically right now but you don’t know what will have in the future. So save now so that you can be prepared.
- Don’t let fear stop you. Will Smith says success is on the other side of fear. Whatever you are afraid to step out and do. Do it because your success is on the other side.
- Forgive quickly. This has been tough for me. Forgiveness isn’t for the person that wronged you. It for you. Letting go of the hurt frees you from dwelling on what should have been or what could have been. Let it go
- Say daily affirmations. Speak the life you want into existence.
- Forgive yourself self for past mistakes. Not forgiving yourself only holds you back in the future.
- Travel the world experience and different cultures. This is the one thing I wish I did sooner. It’s great living in the US. Just remember there is a whole world God created and I can’t wait to explore it.
- Dress your best all the time you never know who you might meet.
- Take your dreams seriously and don’t be afraid to dream big.
- Live in the moment worrying about past failures won’t help you in your present. Push past all fear so that you can live and enjoy your present.
- Being kind to everyone. No matter how pretty or smart you are. It’s nothing if you don’t know how to be kind to others
- Even if it’s not perfect don’t be afraid to do it. Start that blog or start the business. As you continue to grow so will your execution. So don’t be afraid just do it.
- Be confident in your gifts. This is big especially if you’re a creative person. Once you are confident in you gift others will be too.
- Keep your living space clean and free of clutter. When I was younger it wouldn’t bother me but now it’s my biggest distraction. Decluttering constantly helps with keeping your home clean. That way if someone says hey let’s hang out at your house your not a deer in headlights.
- How you speak to others is a reflection of how you feel about yourself. Look In the mirror and chose to have compassion o yourself. This compassion for yourself will spill onto others.
- Live freely and frequently. I have found that I get the most joy out of giving to others. Giving is the greatest gift you can give to yourself and others.
- Never let anyone intimidate you.
- You can’t please everyone. It’s not your job to make people like you. Do you best and be confident in that.
- Know your worth and don’t settle for less. Many will devalue you. Be sure you invest in the ones who appreciate your value.
- Failure isn’t the end. If you fail at something get up and try again. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Keep pushing your breakthrough is around the corner.
- Love with all your heart. Don’t let past hurts stop you Fron finding love.
- Without God nothing is possible. This is my # 1 life lesson. I wanted to be sure I left with this one as the last one because I want you to know that this is the most important thing we often forget to do. Put God First and he will supply your every need.